I can't stop the pen from dancing when it recognizes the tune of my heart.

The sun kisses my cheeks and the moon whispers to me the philosophies of the stars, the inquiries of mockingbirds, and the bedtime stories of the katydids...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Within My Labyrinth Walls


when I am alone, I know you are here.
you make everything alright without a word, and with many words.
even when you haven't spoken, your breath still softens my fall.
the days are so long, and the nights even longer, and all of them I endure amidst a sea of open arms, people holding me tightly, yet feeling so alone in my quiet desolation.
life continues, my dreams prevail, yet I tiptoe through life avoiding the cracks and mud puddles.
why is it that I am filled with such rejuvenation on a day of grey clouds and sleeping sunshine?
why is it that I am told that I erase the clouds and fill the room with sunshine?
why do I want to cry when all I can do is smile?
why is life so cruel to play my heart against my mind and bring tucked away tears into cheeks filled with roses?
I want to curl up in a basket of flowers and float into the ocean of forgiveness and undeniable questions, laughing at the seals who tickle my toes.
calm the waves and let me ride them out and wait for me on the other side.
if you look across the horizon, you'll see me laughing with the stars and singing with the fish.
how happy I can be when life's treasures surround me.
I'm coming home.
promise me you'll always wait for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment