I can't stop the pen from dancing when it recognizes the tune of my heart.

The sun kisses my cheeks and the moon whispers to me the philosophies of the stars, the inquiries of mockingbirds, and the bedtime stories of the katydids...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Depravity.

Why do thoughts engorge my mind and time lays still at the breath of my words?
I want to sleep but I am haunted by the beckoning of the yawning daylight.
One more moment, one more blink, one last gaze into the loneliness of a room void of life,
but full of memories before I can lay this dizzied maze in the tomb of my deadened society.
Can I shed my photographs, motion pictures, and commentaries for an hour of silence and slumber?
I plead with you to cover my eyes and shield the light
that I may rest and be revived with the awakening of tomorrow's light.

No comments:

Post a Comment