I can't stop the pen from dancing when it recognizes the tune of my heart.

The sun kisses my cheeks and the moon whispers to me the philosophies of the stars, the inquiries of mockingbirds, and the bedtime stories of the katydids...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Promenade.

Shall I map out the way I once ventured?
Or shall I take in stride the company of my dwellings?
In this course my steps shall find the road
and wander through the brambles,
taking care to miss the thorns
and dawdle about the daffodils.

A sweet fragrance of afternoon bliss,
a warm caress of the afternoon breezes-
and yet my heart knows not the scent of that which it can not taste.
I need all my senses to create true existence in this mindless adventure.

Tender child,
Look not upon the weeds-
But look between them;
there you shall find your treasures.

The enchanted laughter awakens me.
Take my hand I want to know this place
which is so far beyond my earthly comprehension.
Can I dance? Can I sing? Can I stay?
This place, so rich with color and bejeweled with the dew of the morn,
has captured my soul.

Here my heart finds soothing solicitude,
seemingly perfect and enlivening.
A place closing off the world
which so many times rejects the beauty that lies within.
Here, beauty emerges from even the most somber of shadows.
I no longer fear the darkness.

The brilliance of tiny burning lights
brighten up it's every corner with the music of joy,
the harmony of this magic from within.
My home.
My sanity.
My journey.
My heart.
I am finally here.

This moment,
this life,
this bit of memory is forever lasting.
Bathing in the drops of starshine, I feel renewed.
A vivification of my soul emerges from within this tired soul.
It is here that I will remain young and learn to live anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment